- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on DyscalculiaServices’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on DyscalculiaServices’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by DyscalculiaServices at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on DyscalculiaServices’s web site are provided “as is”. DyscalculiaServices makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, DyscalculiaServices does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site, other services provided by DyscalculiaServices or their providers, including but not limited to tutoring services, or otherwise relating to such materials on the website or on any sites linked to this site or advice and services provided by DyscalculiaServices or their providers.
- Presentations or Workshops organized by DyscalculiaServices may be cancelled at short notice, due to illness, inclement weather, less participants than the threshold of 50% of advertised class size or any other reason as deemed necessary by Dr. Schreuder. Full refund of enrollment fees is guaranteed, DyscalculiaServices can not be held liable for other costs, like travel and lodging incurred
In no event shall DyscalculiaServices or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on DyscalculiaServices’s Internet site, even if DyscalculiaServices or a DyscalculiaServices authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Also in no event shall DyscalculiaServices or its supplier be liable for any damages arising out of the use of its tutoring, lecturing or consultation services which are provided as is.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on DyscalculiaServices’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. DyscalculiaServices does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. DyscalculiaServices may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. DyscalculiaServices does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
DyscalculiaServices has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by DyscalculiaServices of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to DyscalculiaServices’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Please email us to make an appointment with dr Schreuder to go over the options in your situation, email@example.com
Or call at tel: +1 (832)-377-8373
dr Schreuder works in the greater Houston, TX area but is also available for consultation by Skype.
Nowadays kids want social media and computers for everything, including learning, and to be frank the older generation would probably have wanted it too, if it was available…
The BBC has always been a forerunner when it comes to quality programming and their free math learning activities are no exception. Here kids have a choice off activities to engage in and this will make them enjoy the learning:
Visit us at www.dyscalculiaservices.com
Dyscalculia Services was founded in 2010 by dr. A.M. Schreuder. Dr. Schreuder follows and implements the latest research on the subject of learning differences and best practices for intervention. She volunteered at Neuhaus and a fMRI study at UT and was trained as a reading tutor at UT. The tutoring experience brought back fond memories of her first student job as a Math tutor.
Unlike for dyslexia, where there is an abundance of good information for parents and teachers, dyscalculia is relatively new and unknown. She founded Dyscalculia Services to raise awareness for dyscalculia and assist parents to support their children’s learning.
She loves to promote research based educational strategies for students who struggle in Math and works diligently to reverse the negative spiral of low self esteem. Her enthusiasm for the subject is contagious and initially reluctant students have made enormous strides and even started to like the subject!
Dr. Schreuder has a longstanding interest in neuro-imaging and neuro-developmental pediatrics and the relationship with early childhood development and education. Her enthusiasm and love for knowledge called her to do research, resulting in her thesis describing the statistics of the medical, behavioral and early educational follow up of very preterm born babies at the time of entry of formal education, with a special emphasis on vision and language development. Usually the medical and educational fields progress in seclusion, but being knowledgeable in both makes it possible to build the bridge between the two. A few decades ago the field of medicine shed the last shells of the long used ‘anecdotal’ approach and firmly moved into the era of evidence based medicine. Being actively involved during this process of restructuring in the medical world, she is delighted to contribute to the emerging parallel development in education, now evolving towards research based instruction in particular for children with a learning difference.
She lives in Katy, TX and works in the greater Houston area. Skype and Google Hangout are used to reach those outside that area.