Search our site
Our Android app
Welcome to Math and Dyscalculia Services
- Parent Category: Varia
- Published on Sunday, 30 March 2014 18:00
Raising awareness about Dyscalculia and providing services to those struggling with Math.
Our website has many articles that will create a better understanding about Dyscalculia, how you detect it, what the latest research is, how you can help students overcome those challenges, and tips and resources for Parents and Educators. Enjoy reading the articles and using the activities and downloads. The site is free, but free registration is required for access to the activities and downloads.
Our services include:
- Assessments for difficulties with Math and dyscalculia
- Specialized Math Tutoring, either face to face (Greater Houston) or via Skype/Google Plus/Facebook connect
- Train the Trainer course for parents, home school groups, teachers
- Activities and Downloads (free with registration)
- Presentations about Math and Dyscalculia
Summer is a time for fun Math games
- Parent Category: Services
- Published on Tuesday, 29 July 2014 17:46
Students with dyscalculia need more practice with math facts and concepts. Often flashcards and worksheets are not an effective teaching strategy for them. Help your child with math facts, and build fact fluency and accuracy with math games instead. Playing games has many advantages: it promotes communication about math, it provides immediate checks for errors, and it is way more fun. Children do not feel they are practicing facts over and over, and often they stay focused longer. Both one on one or small group games and internet games or apps. are helpful. CLICK HERE to find some examples from the vast number of options.