We offer a range of assessment and tests. Pricing of our assessments ranges from $525-$950 and is dependent on a number of factors, such as availability of previous profiles, specific questions from parents or educators, purpose of the assessments. A few examples of the most commonly requested assessments are listed below. Dyscalculia Services does not work with insurances, although you may try to get the costs covered by your Health Savings Account.
Adults who need a diagnosis, assessment or tutoring support can also go to our sister site https://AdultDyscalculia.org for some more information about our services for adults.
We are happy to announce that we can deliver the full range of testing now online. Please contact us for scheduling. Details and pricing are listed below.
Assessment options, for detailed description see below
1. In depth assessment of math and dyscalculia is a limited option and measures Number Sense, math level, gaps and other abilities important for learning math and costs $525.
2. Extended evaluation for math and dyscalculia, this extends option 1 by including an evaluation of general mental capabilities (WISC). This option is favorite for schools to base their opinion about accommodations and modifications on. Charged at $775.
3. Complete psycho educational assessment focusing on dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia, including full general mental development and the complete range of educational achievement is the most complete review of learning disabilities your student may encounter. Charged at $950.
4. Distance consultation prices on a case-by-case basis, please contact us with details about what you would need. Can be linked to the online Math and Dyscalculia Screening Test. Depending on the amount of information to review and the extent of the suggestions the price will vary between $75 and $175
1. In depth assessment of math and dyscalculia
For an in-depth assessment of math and dyscalculia we will work with your child for several hours to half a day. The evaluation will focus both on Number Sense and on the overall achievement level in math, listing any gaps in particular mathematical areas that need to be addressed. It can lead to the identification of a Specific Learning Disorder in Math (Math LD) or dyscalculia. The results of the assessment will be described in a detailed report including a plan for intervention, taking into account personal learning style of the student. A follow up contact to answer parents’/caregivers’ questions and go over the results and suggestions for intervention is included. The report and plan for intervention will take on average a week to ten days and costs $525.
2. Extended evaluation for math and dyscalculia
This evaluation extends the one under option 1 as schools and universities like to also have a measure of general intellectual capabilities so this assessment includes extra tests that develop a score for this purpose and includes basic processes connected to learning such as verbal comprehension, visual spatial abilities, fluid reasoning, working memory, and processing speed. charged at $775..
3. Complete psycho-educational assessment focusing on dyslexia, dysgraphia, and dyscalculia
This assessment includes all we do as listed under 2. and in addition, more subtests and comparison of auditory, visual spatial, and tactile processing and learning. We also review the full range of general mental development and educational achievement. This assessment takes a full day or can be divided in two or three separate sessions as schedules permit. A follow up contact to answer parents’/caregivers’ questions and to go over the results and options for intervention is included. The report includes suggestions for accommodations and possibly modifications and may take 15 days to complete and is charged at $950.
Meeting in person is to be preferred, but when distance is an issue, we can work with emailed documents. In addition to doing an initial error analysis on recent math schoolwork, we can review your student’s school grades, tutor comments, and test results to give you suggestions about how to help your student, either with an additional curriculum, manipulatives (math tools), games, and/or online educational programs to work with your student yourself or to share with your tutor. Depending on the amount of information to review and the extent of the suggestions the price will vary between $75 and $175